Friday, September 10, 2010

Dominican? American? American-Dominican, or Dominican-American?

I'm too American for my Dominicans, and too Dominican for my Americans!

I hate being trapped in this bi-cultural crap.

What's my identity? Go figure that..




-"Uh, whats a 'ke low ke'" asks a yankee, and in DR: "guas gud? mija espanol que tamo aqui."

-Forgot how to spell in spanish since I live in the US.

-Can hardly spell in english, never went to school here, I confess.

-Don't know my way around DR, never learned, was too young,

-Been in almost every US state that's how I earn..

-Out clubbing in the US? Wanna hear my latin beats no bs...

-When clubbing in the land of pops wished they only played hip hop.

-Presidente or Bud wiser? Do I really have to answer that? I thought u were brighter..

-Startbucks or santo Domingo? Starbucks all day, yo te digo!

-Whats for breakfast cafe con pan? Nah I'm good I prefer crunch el capitan.

-Whats for dinner? Macaroni or maybe stew? Nah its ok Ill have mangu.

-"American Idiot" says Green day! Y Anthony Santos que hoy se bebe!



So what the hell? Que diablo' e'? Am I American-Dominican o alrevez?



I was born in the NY, Dominican parents, raised in la isla, and live the State of gardens.

I guess ill always be too American for my Dominicans, and too Dominican for my Americans!



I really hate being trapped in this bi-cultural crap...

1 comment:

Angelo2975 said...

You just defined who you are Bi-cultural ...you have the best qualities of both with none of their faults....consider yourself the new Breed!

Citas por internet-Lo que necesitas saber.

Para muchos, citas por internet se ha vuelto perfectamente normal, incluso esperado. Y tiene sentido dado nuestro confort cultural actual...